Wednesday, September 23, 2015

JEBYA SPEAKS!


Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush warned America is “creeping toward multiculturalism” during a campaign stop Tuesday, and said he worries about areas where the assimilation process is “retarded.”
In response to a young woman’s question about how to empower immigrants as Americans, Bush said at an event at a Cedar Falls, Iowa diner that multiculturalism should not be the goal.

“We should not have a multicultural society,” Bush said. “When you create pockets of isolation, and in some cases, the assimilation process has been retarded, it’s wrong. It limits people’s aspirations.”
- By KATHERINE KRUEGER
Creeping toward multiculturalism? When did we leave it behind? Both my Grand Mothers were immigrants. Neither of them spoke English or needed to. They lived in ethnic enclaves. I learned more than one language to talk to them. I would go back in time to live in those ethnic enclaves in a heartbeat if I could.

I am not giving up the bodega and their Dominican Beef Stew with Rice and Peas. I am not giving up sight of the beautiful women in native dress at the mosque on the corner. Such colors. I am not giving up the ladies of the Hood View and our late at night on the pavement sometimes drunken multicultural discussions. I am not giving up having my choice of cuisine done by Thai, Ethiopian, Greek, Korean, Polish, Italian, Chinese, Vietnamese cooks in small family owned places. I am not giving up the Gay Pride Parade or dancing in the Gayborhood.

I live in the City of Brotherly Love. I do not want to live in Whitebread City with you Jebya. Not ever. Fuck you Jebya. Eat my stromboli.

No comments: