Monday, June 6, 2016

Friend of the Fetus

I just found this song. I had no idea it existed. The things I learn on the Net - just amazing.

Provided to YouTube by Smithsonian Folkways Recordings: I Am a Friend of the Foetus · Carole Rose Livingston and Mark Dann







Friend of the Fetus (Carol Rose Livingstone) 
1.
I am no friend of the fathers and mothers
I am no friend of the sisters and brothers
I am no friend to the weak and distressed
I am no friend to the poor and oppressed. 
Chorus
But I am a friend of the fetus,
A friend of incomparable worth
I am a friend of the fetus,
Right up to the moment of birth. 
2.
Once it's a baby I will not go near it,
I will not feed it and I will not rear it.
When it is crying I won't even hear it
For I have no room in my heart for a human. 
3.
I will not weep for it, I won't lose sleep for it,
I will not care for it, I won't be there for it,
I'll walk away from it, I won't go grey for it
I will not pray for it and I won't pay for it.


No comments: