-scale=1.0,maximum-scale=1.0" : "width=1100"' name='viewport'/> Plum Street Chili: Duckling Effect with Pumpkins

Sunday, October 2, 2016

Duckling Effect with Pumpkins

I see a parade go by my window at 7:30 a.m. every school day. Miss Norma leading and all the children following in duckling not in size order.

I just woke up. I bleared into the kitchen and made so good coffee. I sat down to contemplate my empty page. No one home. Luscious left me some Loud. I was getting all mellow and squinty when out of the corner of my eye I saw the duckling children passing all in a row. I quick open the door.

"You going to school?"

"It is Sunday, Miss Mary."

"You are going to church."

I looked to the left. No Norma? Ducklings were speeding onward. Excelsior! I looked to the right and there was Robert BlackBear making shoo shoo motions.

Robert is an over the road truck driver. Every thing seems to work better when Robert is home. Norma leads and Daddy Robert shoos and it is all so very good. Robert the Black, square and solid, is not home often enough.

This morning Miss Norma sleeping in. Everything goes better when Daddy Bear is home. Miss Norma does not get up for church.

Luscious went on a field trip to a 'Harvest Market.' She may bring home pumpkins and cider. Life is good.

Illustration by Arthur Rackham (19 September 1867 – 6 September 1939) who was an English book illustrator.

Arthur Rackham's works have become very popular since his death, both in North America and Britain. His images have been widely used by the greeting card industry and many of his books are still in print or have been recently available in both paperback and hardback editions. His original drawings and paintings are keenly sought at the major international art auction houses.

No comments:

Post a Comment