Monday, December 16, 2013

A New Way to Play Botticelli with UPDATES

This photograph so reminds me of Botticelli. What do you think? I think a new growth in Feminist thought and political action is a good thing. For more photographs of FEMEN protests, go to the links below:



La Primavera by Sandro Botticelli 
I myself have never been able to find out precisely what feminism is:  I only know that people call me a feminist whenever I express sentiments that differentiate me from a door mat or a prostitute.  ~Rebecca West, "Mr Chesterton in Hysterics: A Study in Prejudice," The Clarion, 14 Nov 1913, reprinted inThe Young Rebecca, 1982
UPDATE 2: 
Some Russians are torturing and murdering LGBT and/or taking their children. All of this so that some male Russians can prove they and Putin are not wusses in the worldwide who-has-got-the-biggest-dick contest. It is not working. No matter what Putin does now, he looks like an anus to somebodys around the world. .

Translation is "Fuck you, Putin" as far as I can make out. Second that emotion. It seems the women of Femens have the biggest dicks worldwide, metaphorically speaking of course. If a native speaker sees this and can give me a better translation, please do so.

UPDATE 1: 
I wrote this in September of 2012. The FEMEN movement just keeps growing. I must be getting old. I am not sure if these young women are foolish or brave. I will go with impossibly brave. They have a new branch in Turkey. Turkey.


. . . nobody gives you power.  You just take it.  ~ Roseanne Barr