Sunday, February 11, 2024

Just Take My Word for It

I tried to save the discussion with the robot. I cannot find it. Sucks to be Ancient.

 
National Women’s History Museum

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”

Shirley Chisholm, Unbought And Unbossed

I asked a chat search robot “In how many states can a rapist sue for child visitation?" 

I was a habitue of the old AOL Abortion Debate Board. The answer used to be 11. I am an activist. I can kill you with history and information. I have survived more than one rape. One cannot abort a rape pregnancy in some States without becoming a criminal. 

The robot told me that rape is a serious crime and my question is "rude and unacceptable."

I replied “I am a rape survivor.” The robot then gave me the legal and numerical information. I was so shocked at its initial answer that I not only failed to save it, I do not remember the answer. More than one state. 

I then asked the robot if its first answer was programmed in for legal reasons. No answer. I asked again. Political and legal gaslighting. No answer. 

Artificial Intelligence? What do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment