Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Bullshitters Bullshittng

"Let's take America as an example. America is absolutely awash with easily obtainable firearms. You can go down to a gun show at the local convention center and come away with a fully automatic assault rifle, without a background check, and most likely without having to show an identification card. So what are you waiting for?"
- American-born al-Qaeda spokesman Adam Gadahn
I resolved to say nothing about the massacre in Orlando. Nothing I can say seemed meaningful.

Then, having resolved to say nothing, I read the quote above. When in pain, I return to the expressions of my childhood. No shit, Sherlock.

I feel powerless. I am horrified. I keep writing about guns. And mentally ill people (like me) go right on murdering gaggles of people. And the meaningless canned speeches, ready tears, and same-old-same-old stochastic terrorism crap goes down. We are buried up to our noses in rank bullshit, inane and ugly speeches, and salty tears. 

ISIS did it? Right. Sure. Uh huh. Be afraid. And Iraq had weapons of mass destruction, not.

Another colloquialism applies here. Do not piss on my shoes and tell me it is raining Muslims.








No comments:

Post a Comment